In 1950, three women and their children met at Fairview School to pursue the creation of a church for the neighborhood families. As the congregation grew they began to plan for a permanent home. In 1955 a church was erected at the present site and named "Fairview United Church". An expansion occurred in 1963 with the present day sanctuary and in 1983 the addition of the church hall was complete.
Fairview United Church is part of a larger organization called the United Church of Canada. Fairview’s congregation, which comprises all members and adherents, is ultimately responsible for the operation of the church both spiritually and financially.